Thursday 15 March 2018

Wiggins defends Team Sky For DCMS Report

Wiggins defends Team Sky For DCMS Report

Sir Bradley Wiggins speaks to Dan Roan about his take on the DCMS Report which claimed that he along with team Sky had not 'crossed the line' for the use of performance enhancing drugs.

Olympic gold medalist Sir Bradley Wiggins was accused along with Team Sky for the use of drugs for performance enhancing instead of medical purposes, but Wiggins denies these accusations. 
"No. We didn't, not at any point in my career did we cross the ethical line. As I have said before, I had a medical condition that I went to a doctor - this has been being treated since 2003 when I was diagnosed with it through the doctors at British Cycling at that time.'

Wiggins also claimed that he was undergoing treatment for a medial condition which was asthma. 'I had problems with asthma attacks, 'I had problems with breathing that flared up through pollen season.' 

In reaction to Shane Sutton's comment on Wiggins use of drugs, The British cyclist gave a strong reply to Sutton's statement. 
"That hurts me, actually. Shane knows exactly why I was taking that medication. My asthma inhalers that I had been on throughout my career, I had complained of these problems during the Dauphine, complained after the Dauphine.'  

So this suggests that Sutton was giving a false statement about Team Sky using drugs during the Tour de France in 2012. 

The two time Olympic champion also questioned Sutton's motives behind his statement "I don't know what his motivation is, that's all I'll say." 

Wiggins also also gave positive statements about the way the team looked after themselves as hypochondriacs.   
 "We are constantly there. We are hypochondriacs as athletes, especially coming to the height of the season, the biggest race of the year, whether it is the Olympic Games or the Tour de France.

This was an abnormal for Wiggins as it was the first time that he was accused for something in his career thus far. 'The first time I am aware of being accused of anything was today.' So now Wiggins needs to prove that he along with Team Sky are innocent. "So I have got no comeback on this, this is now taken as fact. I have now got to prove that this is wrong." 


No comments:

Post a Comment