Monday 15 April 2019

Tiger Rules Augusta Once Again


Tiger Rules Augusta Once Again

Tiger Celebrates fifth US Masters Title
Tiger Woods ended a 14-year wait to claim his fifth green jacket and 15th major following a one-shot lead over fellow American Dustin Johnson.

At the start of the final round at one of golf’s most iconic courses, Woods was -11 just two shots behind 2018 Open Champion Francesco Molinari on -13.

This was a jaw-gripping contest between both players with neither player willing to give up their aspirations of wearing the green jacket.

Heartbreak for Molinari as he let slip a 2-shot lead on final day
at Augusta 
The turning point came at the 12th hole, where Molinari’s T-shot unfortunately landed in the water. Woods’s T-shot however, landed safely on the green.

It was from this point, where the momentum shifted towards the 15-time major champion.      
 s
Woods birdied three of the next four holes to take a two-shot lead at the top of the leader-board.

It was from there that the five-time champion drove home the advantage and cliched his fifth green jacket and 15th major to move within three of Jack Nicklaus’s record of 18 major victories.

"We're creating new memories for them and it's just very special, "I was very lucky to be given another chance to do something that I love to do. I had serious doubts after what transpired a couple of years ago.”
"To come back here and play as well as I did has meant so much to me and my family - this tournament, and to have everyone here is something I'll never forget."It's overwhelming because of what has transpired.'
'Last year I was just lucky to be playing again, the previous dinner I was really struggling, missed a couple of years of this great tournament and to now be the champion... it's unreal for me to experience this.”
TigerWoods Masters 2019 Image  courtesy of flickr.com 

Francesco Molinari Masters 2019 Image courtesy of flickr.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment